Graphic Design Criticism.
- Art Direction
- Art Direction is the formulation of guidelines for the development of a specific creative product. The Art Director, as leader of a team comprised of various creative experts, makes decisions to achieve a product’s greatest possible potential.
- Brand Strategy
- Through branding and brand strategy, products have the potential to not only increase in their performance and function, but to also enhance the worth which differentiates them from other products in complex markets. The goal is to attain the long term orientation, trust and identification of customers.
- Corporate Design
- Corporate design describes the compilation and definition of visual elements of a brand identity such as logo, typography, color and image concept, business layout and architecture.
- Editorial Design
- Editorial design is the conception and design of journals, newspapers, magazines, brochures, and books and is directly connected with the redactional work.
- Exhibition Design
- Exhibition design (museography, scenography) includes the conception and design of exhibitions. It subordinates the exhibited objects, operates the background and makes their significance and goals for the viewer perceivable.
- Information Design
- Information design includes the intelligent visualization of scientific information through graphic or interactive elements. Complex data would be intermediated to the user through an accessible and useable method.
- Product Design
- Product design maintains the goal to improve the functional, interactive, and formal/aesthetic qualities of industrial product producers.
motivation for designing
To be surrounded by aesthetics everyday. To raise the quality of design.
learned to design
I learned the most during my time at the Central Saint Martins in London. Not by the school, but from my friends and by going to every lecture and exhibition on graphic design.
year since working as
age of first design career thought
working at night per month
1 1 1
1 1 j
writing about graphic design
I think about it.
Jens Dan Johansen, Tanja Sieder, Karel Martens, Zak Kyes, London, my parents.
Happy, confident, open minded, passionate, interested.
Every client is my dream client, as I learn from each one of them.
relationship with client
I love my clients.
getting along with salary
I cope well.
I like that they hired me and trust me. I dislike underestimating the power of aesthetics.