Content and Form – not to be defined. To quote Hollein “all is architecture”. My expanded definition of architecture reflects my interdisciplinary professions: Editorial and Publishing, Curation, Conception, Communications, Architecture and Graphic Design – Creative Direction.
- Art Direction
- Art Direction is the formulation of guidelines for the development of a specific creative product. The Art Director, as leader of a team comprised of various creative experts, makes decisions to achieve a product’s greatest possible potential.
- At the beginning of a design-author’s, there is no brief, rather, she/he initiates and independently implements his ideas. This initiative asserts his autonomy.
- Corporate Design
- Corporate design describes the compilation and definition of visual elements of a brand identity such as logo, typography, color and image concept, business layout and architecture.
- Editorial Design
- Editorial design is the conception and design of journals, newspapers, magazines, brochures, and books and is directly connected with the redactional work.
- Exhibition Design
- Exhibition design (museography, scenography) includes the conception and design of exhibitions. It subordinates the exhibited objects, operates the background and makes their significance and goals for the viewer perceivable.
- Print spans the design of all printed objects.
motivation for designing
Design is a part of my person – attitude and thinking. I don’t separate work and leisure, design is my impetus to communicate, learn, refine and develop. Every new project asks for a new definition of content and form!
learned to design
I’ve studied architecture at the University of Stuttgart and developed my professions in concept and theory, architecture, art and design at the IGMA Institute of modern Architecture and Design (Prof. Gerd de Bruyn) and in the context of the Bookstore and Publisher Walther König, the Künstlerhaus Stuttgart and in cooperation with Arno Brandlhuber.
year since working as
age of first design career thought
working at night per month
1 1 1 1 1
By my personal interest and knowledge.
As mentioned the IGMA and Prof. Gerd de Bruyn, Arno Brandlhuber and Walther König bookstore and publisher. And my great interest in the contemporary art, architecture and design scene.
A Mac Book Pro and internet access.
Open, actuated, sensitive, authentic, personal.
Open, actuated, sensitive, authentic, personal (like the designer).
relationship with client
Intensive and cooperational.
getting along with salary
I cope well.
Design is often undervalued and unacknowledged by clients and in general in society.