I’m doing what I love and what I always wanted to do. Every day I give in to temptations based on Oscar Wilde: “One should give into temptations. Who knows if they will come again!”
- Art Direction
- Art Direction is the formulation of guidelines for the development of a specific creative product. The Art Director, as leader of a team comprised of various creative experts, makes decisions to achieve a product’s greatest possible potential.
- Brand Strategy
- Through branding and brand strategy, products have the potential to not only increase in their performance and function, but to also enhance the worth which differentiates them from other products in complex markets. The goal is to attain the long term orientation, trust and identification of customers.
- Branding and Identity
- Branding and corporate Identity include the sum of all visual representations of a business. The image (corporate design), the verbal expressions, behavior, and manner among both the internal and external public orientate around the business’s values.
- Corporate Design
- Corporate design describes the compilation and definition of visual elements of a brand identity such as logo, typography, color and image concept, business layout and architecture.
- Editorial Design
- Editorial design is the conception and design of journals, newspapers, magazines, brochures, and books and is directly connected with the redactional work.
- Exhibition Design
- Exhibition design (museography, scenography) includes the conception and design of exhibitions. It subordinates the exhibited objects, operates the background and makes their significance and goals for the viewer perceivable.
- Experience Design
- Experience design describes the design of all elements of a product, processes, services, events, and environments. It coordinates these elements, and makes it possible through the interaction the best possible user experience.
- Illustration could be identified as “writing with the help of images”. Illustrations develop through brainstorming, creative problem solving and a precise and evident visual implementation, which is diversely applicable and can be portrayed through various mediums.
- Information Design
- Information design includes the intelligent visualization of scientific information through graphic or interactive elements. Complex data would be intermediated to the user through an accessible and useable method.
- Print spans the design of all printed objects.
- Packaging Design
- Packaging Design, which next to their advertising and informational function also provides a protective and logistical function.
- Product Design
- Product design maintains the goal to improve the functional, interactive, and formal/aesthetic qualities of industrial product producers.
- Typeface Design
- Typeface design is the design of lettering, to be employed throughout a design.
- Web Design
- Web design is the conception, design, and structure of websites, the navigation, and the user guide. It addresses interface design from information offers and applications in the World Wide Web.
motivation for designing
I love to be creative, to change my view on things and to step into different topics and “realities” so i can provoke a very deep feeling of what i want to express in a corporate design e.g. – this for i really need to understand the customer’s need and his fascination about his work or product. besides that i want to take responsibility with design. this is why our non-profit “honey projects” have the same importance in our studio as the commercial “milk projects”.
learned to design
The most I’ve learned from life, just doing stuff and exchanging thoughts with interesting people. Think, Play, Create that’s the easiest way to learn and improve. But I also went to university to study visual communication in Nuernberg, made an exchange year in Shanghai and internships in London.
year since working as
age of first design career thought
My father is also a graphic designer, which had a big influence on me. I wanted to become a professional like him.
working at night per month
A couple of times per month.
1 1 1 1
1 1 1
1 1 1
This depends on the project, but I love to sit together with my team to brainstorm and to start conversations.
I’m inspired by nature, by music and by the humour of other people, but mainly by the exchange with others! And of course by the work of great artists and designers like Stefan Sagmeister, Jan Wilker, Robby Leonardi and many more.
Like my chaos in my head most of the time. In general reduced with some design specials. I’m addicted to design furniture.
Passionate, authentic, creative, inspiring, relevant in his work.
Open minded, passionate, focused, reliable, creative.
relationship with client
In general very personal. Some even become kind of friends after a while.
getting along with salary
I cope well.
Like: When the client inspires me with his passion and believes at his product and is ready to exchange ideas. There are always thoughts that the client brings into play, which can push the quality of the project at the end even further. Dislike: Political games.