Recombination of information. START: task. PROCESS: talk > think > draw > present > talk > refine > rethink > redraw > represent. END: visual solution.
- Art Direction
- Art Direction is the formulation of guidelines for the development of a specific creative product. The Art Director, as leader of a team comprised of various creative experts, makes decisions to achieve a product’s greatest possible potential.
- Branding and Identity
- Branding and corporate Identity include the sum of all visual representations of a business. The image (corporate design), the verbal expressions, behavior, and manner among both the internal and external public orientate around the business’s values.
- Broadcast Graphics
- Broadcast design includes all visual design elements for programs “on air”, such as television episodes. It stages the brand and serves as a strengthening of the brand identity.
- Corporate Design
- Corporate design describes the compilation and definition of visual elements of a brand identity such as logo, typography, color and image concept, business layout and architecture.
- Editorial Design
- Editorial design is the conception and design of journals, newspapers, magazines, brochures, and books and is directly connected with the redactional work.
- Motion Graphics
- Motion graphics, or animation, is an audio/visual design, through which images in movement are applied. They are used in the visualization of developments, computer games, web design, by films or in television.
- Print spans the design of all printed objects.
- Web Design
- Web design is the conception, design, and structure of websites, the navigation, and the user guide. It addresses interface design from information offers and applications in the World Wide Web.
motivation for designing
I try to look at our profession as applied art as many times as possible – artistic and useful.
learned to design
In Schwäbisch Gmünd I was taught to ask questions and to think in order to find answers. In different design studios I learned giving form to these answers in different ways. And now I try to refine both thinking and doing – every day.
year since working as
age of first design career thought
It’s all about rhythm, contrast and proportion.
working at night per month
1 1 1 1 1
having lunch, coffee breaks
Read, think, draw, look at stuff, talk about it, try it out, refine, reject.
My parents, my teachers, my friends, my colleagues, HfG Ulm, Gmünd, the things I look at, the things I think about, the things I try out.
Curious, intelligent, ambitious, clever, humorous.
A team player with confidence.
relationship with client
Be a good consultant. Understand their case.
getting along with salary
I cope well.
Like with other people I prefer when they say “please” and “thank you”. And I absolutely dislike complications with payments.