Making nice things.
- Art Direction
- Art Direction is the formulation of guidelines for the development of a specific creative product. The Art Director, as leader of a team comprised of various creative experts, makes decisions to achieve a product’s greatest possible potential.
- Brand Strategy
- Through branding and brand strategy, products have the potential to not only increase in their performance and function, but to also enhance the worth which differentiates them from other products in complex markets. The goal is to attain the long term orientation, trust and identification of customers.
- Branding and Identity
- Branding and corporate Identity include the sum of all visual representations of a business. The image (corporate design), the verbal expressions, behavior, and manner among both the internal and external public orientate around the business’s values.
- Corporate Design
- Corporate design describes the compilation and definition of visual elements of a brand identity such as logo, typography, color and image concept, business layout and architecture.
- Editorial Design
- Editorial design is the conception and design of journals, newspapers, magazines, brochures, and books and is directly connected with the redactional work.
- Exhibition Design
- Exhibition design (museography, scenography) includes the conception and design of exhibitions. It subordinates the exhibited objects, operates the background and makes their significance and goals for the viewer perceivable.
- Interaction Design
- Interaction design addresses the conception and design of systems. The primary goal is to facilitate smooth and efficient use, which is achieved through the navigation of content, the restructure of information and the manipulation of individual audio and visual elements.
- Interface Design
- An interface designer engages with the conception and design of user interfaces of technology. The goal is to intermediate complex information as well as to achieve user friendliness.
- Print spans the design of all printed objects.
- Web Design
- Web design is the conception, design, and structure of websites, the navigation, and the user guide. It addresses interface design from information offers and applications in the World Wide Web.
- Web Development
- Web development is the implementation and programming of web design.
motivation for designing
I design because I want to make the world a little more beautiful. I think good design can’t be seen. It’s just there, making the product or whatever easy to use or understand.
learned to design
I learned most of what I can do independently. But my education was at the Art University in Linz.
year since working as
age of first design career thought
working at night per month
A couple of times per month.
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 j
Research and finding connections. The rest is creativity.
Mostly following other creative people on the web. Meeting with other creatives or going to exhibitions in museums.
Big desk, iMac, Mac Book Pro.
Creative, smart, going his own way, solving problems.
Open minded, trustworthy, knows that nothing is for free.
relationship with client
Pretty good actually.
getting along with salary
I cope well.
I like, when clients are open for what they get and when there is trust from both sides. I don’t like, that some customers think, I am just sitting here, waiting to get their call and waiting also to design for them.