I tried to tell that I am a communication designer or a visual communicator, but both didn’t work too well so I switched to say I am a graphic designer.
- Branding and Identity
- Branding and corporate Identity include the sum of all visual representations of a business. The image (corporate design), the verbal expressions, behavior, and manner among both the internal and external public orientate around the business’s values.
- Corporate Design
- Corporate design describes the compilation and definition of visual elements of a brand identity such as logo, typography, color and image concept, business layout and architecture.
- Editorial Design
- Editorial design is the conception and design of journals, newspapers, magazines, brochures, and books and is directly connected with the redactional work.
- Print spans the design of all printed objects.
- Product Design
- Product design maintains the goal to improve the functional, interactive, and formal/aesthetic qualities of industrial product producers.
- Typeface Design
- Typeface design is the design of lettering, to be employed throughout a design.
motivation for designing
I like to create something new, make things work well and look good. Goals: never stop learning, maybe.
learned to design
Everyone can be a designer, but in order to do this professionally, i studied communication design in Mainz.
year since working as
age of first design career thought
working at night per month
Once a month.
1 1 1 1 1 1 1
Realize the need of the client. if you really understand a problem, solutions come intuitively.
Typefaces, tools, craft oriented processes, going out for a walk, lectures at the “denkerei”.
Curious, eager to learn, open minded.
Open minded, self-aware, able to communicate.
relationship with client
Depends on the client a lot. whole range from best friend to nightmare.
getting along with salary
It is difficult to cope.
Open mindedness towards (non-mainstream) design approaches is perfect. if clients have very fixed ideas and only need someone to execute thats not too good.