I am working as a graphic designer, lecturer and researcher.
- Art Direction
- Art Direction is the formulation of guidelines for the development of a specific creative product. The Art Director, as leader of a team comprised of various creative experts, makes decisions to achieve a product’s greatest possible potential.
- Branding and Identity
- Branding and corporate Identity include the sum of all visual representations of a business. The image (corporate design), the verbal expressions, behavior, and manner among both the internal and external public orientate around the business’s values.
- Corporate Design
- Corporate design describes the compilation and definition of visual elements of a brand identity such as logo, typography, color and image concept, business layout and architecture.
- Editorial Design
- Editorial design is the conception and design of journals, newspapers, magazines, brochures, and books and is directly connected with the redactional work.
- Information Design
- Information design includes the intelligent visualization of scientific information through graphic or interactive elements. Complex data would be intermediated to the user through an accessible and useable method.
- Interface Design
- An interface designer engages with the conception and design of user interfaces of technology. The goal is to intermediate complex information as well as to achieve user friendliness.
- Print spans the design of all printed objects.
- Web Design
- Web design is the conception, design, and structure of websites, the navigation, and the user guide. It addresses interface design from information offers and applications in the World Wide Web.
motivation for designing
Earning money. AND: “Changing existing situations into preferred ones” aka: Make the world a better place.
learned to design
My first reproduced products were flyers for self-initiated parties in Munich, then I studied graphic design in Schwäbisch Gmünd, now I am doing my PhD in graphic design history Bern. I will never stop learning to design only the context is changing.
year since working as
age of first design career thought
working at night per month
1 1 1 1 1
Mainly from what’s there. But some ideas need even more.
The problem to solve and how it has been solved in the past.
Strangely staged tidiness.
Too many different definitions of design.
Down-to-earth, enjoyable, wealthy, literately, handsome (sounds like a dating advertisement).
relationship with client
Varying between amicable (less money, more fun), and formal (more money, less fun).
getting along with salary
I cope well.
Like: unexpected satisfaction. Dislike: unwanted pressure.