Design. Its a broad term which is how I like to see it. You can apply your thinking to any number of things which is the great thing about it.
- Art Direction
- Art Direction is the formulation of guidelines for the development of a specific creative product. The Art Director, as leader of a team comprised of various creative experts, makes decisions to achieve a product’s greatest possible potential.
- Branding and Identity
- Branding and corporate Identity include the sum of all visual representations of a business. The image (corporate design), the verbal expressions, behavior, and manner among both the internal and external public orientate around the business’s values.
- Corporate Design
- Corporate design describes the compilation and definition of visual elements of a brand identity such as logo, typography, color and image concept, business layout and architecture.
- Editorial Design
- Editorial design is the conception and design of journals, newspapers, magazines, brochures, and books and is directly connected with the redactional work.
- Exhibition Design
- Exhibition design (museography, scenography) includes the conception and design of exhibitions. It subordinates the exhibited objects, operates the background and makes their significance and goals for the viewer perceivable.
- Information Design
- Information design includes the intelligent visualization of scientific information through graphic or interactive elements. Complex data would be intermediated to the user through an accessible and useable method.
- Interaction Design
- Interaction design addresses the conception and design of systems. The primary goal is to facilitate smooth and efficient use, which is achieved through the navigation of content, the restructure of information and the manipulation of individual audio and visual elements.
- Print spans the design of all printed objects.
- Packaging Design
- Packaging Design, which next to their advertising and informational function also provides a protective and logistical function.
- Product Design
- Product design maintains the goal to improve the functional, interactive, and formal/aesthetic qualities of industrial product producers.
- Typeface Design
- Typeface design is the design of lettering, to be employed throughout a design.
- Web Design
- Web design is the conception, design, and structure of websites, the navigation, and the user guide. It addresses interface design from information offers and applications in the World Wide Web.
motivation for designing
Selfish reasons, to create something I’m proud of and have ownership over.
learned to design
year since working as
age of first design career thought
working at night per month
1 1 1 j
Research, sketch, read, listen.
My peers as well as outside influences such as architecture and art.
Plain, simple, white.
Confident, articulate, determined, eccentric and curious.
Trusting, personal, liberal, confident, willing.
relationship with client
Friendly. Building up a relationship that lasts is usually my aim.
getting along with salary
It is difficult to cope.
Feedback that pulls a whole project apart. Not being able to see the work beyond its context.