I am currently thinking about wearable technology, plants, English grammar, and data as a design material.
- Art Direction
- Art Direction is the formulation of guidelines for the development of a specific creative product. The Art Director, as leader of a team comprised of various creative experts, makes decisions to achieve a product’s greatest possible potential.
- Editorial Design
- Editorial design is the conception and design of journals, newspapers, magazines, brochures, and books and is directly connected with the redactional work.
- Illustration could be identified as “writing with the help of images”. Illustrations develop through brainstorming, creative problem solving and a precise and evident visual implementation, which is diversely applicable and can be portrayed through various mediums.
- Information Design
- Information design includes the intelligent visualization of scientific information through graphic or interactive elements. Complex data would be intermediated to the user through an accessible and useable method.
- Interaction Design
- Interaction design addresses the conception and design of systems. The primary goal is to facilitate smooth and efficient use, which is achieved through the navigation of content, the restructure of information and the manipulation of individual audio and visual elements.
- Print spans the design of all printed objects.
motivation for designing
I work in design because I like solving visual communication problems for people. My goal is to someday be able to ponder such problems in a research and development or innovation capacity.
learned to design
BFA Graphic Design, Colorado State University; MA Communication Design, Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design.
year since working as
age of first design career thought
working at night per month
A copule of times per month.
1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1 j
having meetings and other
I sit in a cafe. Lots of cafes.
I am interested in data, nature, science, language, literature, and patterning. My early influences include John Maeda and Lucienne Day.
A small shared space with writers and designers in walking distance of my home.
All about the tiny details.
Experimental, trusting, friendly, collaborative, and PAY ON TIME.
relationship with client
getting along with salary
I cope well.
I like empathetic clients who treat others with respect, and who trust your expertise. I dislike clients who expect work for free, or assume that you are fine with working weekends (e.g. they treat people with a complete lack of respect).